The House has finally sent the impeachment articles to the Senate. In this bonus “thank you” episode, Jen gives an update on the process and gives an important update on whether or not the President may have committed a crime. After the updates, thank you notes are read and responded to. This episode is not sponsored by Chipotle.
Please Support Congressional Dish – Quick Links
- Click here to contribute monthly or a lump sum via PayPal
- Click here to support Congressional Dish for each episode via Patreon
- Send Zelle payments to: Donation@congressionaldish.com
- Send Venmo payments to: @Jennifer-Briney
- Send Cash App payments to: $CongressionalDish or Donation@congressionaldish.com
- Use your bank’s online bill pay function to mail contributions to: 5753 Hwy 85 North, Number 4576, Crestview, FL 32536
Please make checks payable to Congressional Dish
Thank you for supporting truly independent media!
Recommended Congressional Dish Episodes
CD206: Impeachment – The Evidence
- Decision: Office of Management and Budget—Withholding of Ukraine Security Assistance GAO, U.S. Government Accountability Office, January 16, 2020
- Article: PORTRAIT OF A GENERAL by Murtaza Hussain, The Intercept, January 5, 2020
- Article: Beautycounter Founder And CEO, Gregg Renfrew, To Testify As Expert Witness In Landmark House Cosmetic Reform Hearing Yahoo Finance, December 4, 2020
- Podcast Episode: IRAN: WHAT NEXT?, The Intercept, January 13, 2020
- Podcast Episode: GHOSTS OF MOSSADEGH: THE IRAN CABLES, U.S. EMPIRE, AND THE ARC OF HISTORY, The Intercept, November 20, 2019
- Podcast Episode: WHAT THE IRAN CABLES TELL US ABOUT THE U.S.-MADE HELLSCAPE IN IRAQ, The Intercept, November 19, 2019
- Shop BeautyCounter ______
Sound Clip Sources
Hearing: Impeachment Inquiry Hearing with Laura Cooper and David Hale, House Select Intelligence Committee, C-SPAN Coverage, November 20, 2019
Watch on Youtube: Open Hearing with Laura Cooper and David Hale
- She Joined the Department of Defense early in the George W. Bush administration – she was in the Pentagon in 9/11- and has served various positions in the Defense Department ever since
- She’s currently Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Russia, Ukraine, Eurasia
2:04:15 Laura Cooper: There were two ways that we would be able to implement presidential guidance to stop obligating the Ukraine security assistance initiative. And the first option would be for the president to do a rescission. The second is a reprogramming action that the department of defense would do… Rep. Joaquin Castro (TX): In both of those would require congressional notice. There would be an extra step that the president would have to take to notify Congress. As far as, you know, was there ever any notice that was sent out to Congress? Laura Cooper: Sir, I did express that, that I believed it would require a notice to Congress and that then there was no such notice to my knowledge or preparation of such a notice to my knowledge.
Hearing: Impeachment Hearing with Lieutenant Colonel Vindman and Jennifer Williams, House Select Intelligence Committee, C-SPAN Coverage, November 19, 2019
Watch on Youtube: Open Hearing with Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman and Jennifer Williams
- Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman
3:47:00 Rep. Mike Quigley (IL): Did anyone, unto your understanding, raise the legality of withholding this assistance. Alexander Vindman: It was raised on several occasions. Rep. Mike Quigley (IL): And who raised those concerns? Alexander Vindman: So following the July 18th sub PCC, which is again what I coordinate or what I convene, at my level. There was a July 23rd, PCC that would have been conducted by Mr. Morrison. There were questions raised on as to the legality of the hold. Over the subsequent week, the issue was analyzed. And during the July 26th deputies…so the deputies from all the departments and agencies, there was an opinion rendered that it was, it was legal to, put the hold. Rep. Mike Quigley (IL): It was, excuse me. Alexander Vindman: There was an opinion, legal, opinion rendered that it was, okay to, or that the hold was legal.
Design by Only Child Imaginations