C-SPAN is much more fun with friends! In this special episode, Matt Marr, comedian and host of the Dear Mattie Show, joins Jen at The Comedy Store to discuss three bills that have passed the U.S. House of Representatives. Lots of laughs in this one!
Please Support Congressional Dish
- Click here to contribute using credit card, debit card, PayPal, or Bitcoin
- Click here to support Congressional Dish for each episode via Patreon
- Mail Contributions to:
5753 Hwy 85 North #4576
Crestview, FL 32536
Thank you for supporting truly independent media!
Matt’s Podcast and Social Media
Full Title: “Honest and Open New EPA Science Treatment Act of 2017”
- Prohibits the EPA from creating regulations unless all scientific information used to justify it is published online and can be reproduced.
- Limits the EPA spending on this new requirement to $1 million per year out of the money they already have
Passed the House on March 29, 2017 by a vote of 228-194
Written by Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas’s 21st district
- Prohibits the EPA Administrator and the States from requiring permits to discharge pesticides into waterways if the pesticide is authorized for sale.
Written by Rep. Bob Gibbs of Ohio’s 7th district
Written by Rep. Pete Olsen of Texas’s 22nd district
Passed the House on July 18, 2017 by a vote of 229-199
- Article: Thousands of scientists issue bleak ‘second notice’ to humanity by Sarah Kaplan, The Washington Post, November 13, 2017.
- Article: Climate change upped the odds of Harvey’s extreme rains study finds by Chris Mooney, The Washington Post, November 13, 2017.
- Blog: Falling walls: How repairing the ozone hole helped the climate by Guus Velders, Scientific American, November 2, 2017.
- Article: How climate change likely strengthened recent hurricanes by Craig Welch, National Geographic, September 20, 2017.
- Article: Scott Pruitt’s crimes against nature by Jeff Goodell, Rolling Stone, July 27,2017.
- Article: Oklahoma’s earthquake threat now equals California’s because of man-made temblors, USGS says by Rong-Gong Lin II, LA Times, March 1, 2017.
- Interview: Author Jan Mayer on how the Koch brothers have changed America by Lauren Kelley, Rolling Stone, February 14, 2016.
- Article: The Koch brothers’ dirty war on solar power by Tim Dickinson, Rolling Stone, February 11, 2016.
- Article: Inside the Koch brothers’ toxic empire by Tim Dickinson, Rolling Stone, September 24, 2014.
- Report: 2010 ozone hole smaller than usual, MACC, Winter 2010.
- Dear Mattie Show: Show 89: Jen Briney of Congressional Dish & How to Actually Make a Difference in Politics
- Demographic Info: Demographics of Oklahoma
- Website: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Data: IPCC Publications and Reports
- Research: USGS – Induced Earthquakes Myths and Misconceptions
- Video: Volcanoes of the Deep
- Weather Records: U.S. Tornado Climatology – Historical Records and Trends
- Oklahoma Temperature History – Summer
- Oklahoma Temperature History – Winter
- Oklahoma Temperature History – Annual
Sound Clip Sources
House Session: Clean Water Act Changes, May 24, 2017
Design by Only Child Imaginations