Two defense contractors went on a podcast and everything they said was true. In this episode, discover the shocking extent to which our government has privatized wartime operations.
Please support Congressional Dish:
- Click here to contribute with PayPal or Bitcoin; click the PayPal “Make it Monthly” checkbox to create a monthly subscription
- Click here to support Congressional Dish for each episode via Patreon
- Mail Contributions to:
5753 Hwy 85 North #4576
Crestview, FL 32536
Thank you for supporting truly independent media!
2016 Podcast Awards
Sound Clip Sources
- Ari Shaffir’s Skeptic Tank Episode #257 “Money for Nothing”, March 19, 2016.
- Hearing: Wartime Contracting, Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, September 21, 2011.
- Hearing: Wartime Contracting, Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Subcommittee on Financial and Contracting Oversight, July 16, 2013.
- Article: Northrop Grumman moving Counter-Rocket, Artillery, and Mortar (C-RAM) capabilities to brigade combat teams by John Keller, Military and Aerospace Electronics, March 9, 2016.
- Congressional Research Service Report: Egypt: Background and U.S. Relations by Jeremy M. Sharp, Congressional Research Service, February 25, 2016.
- Investor Report: Northrop Grumman 2015 Annual Investor Report, February 1, 2016.
- Bill Text: Department of Defense Appropriations Act of 2016 December 15, 2015.
- Congressional Research Service Report: Department of Defense Contractor and Troop
Levels in Iraq and Afghanistan: 2007-2015 by Heidi M. Peters, Moshe Schwartz, and Lawrence Kapp, Congressional Research Service, December 1, 2015.
- Article: Meet the impressive guns protecting U.S. bases from rocket attacks in Afghanistan by Dan Lamothe, The Washington Post, October 21, 2015.
- Article: Dark cloud of legal trouble begins to lift away from Louis Berger byPete Troilo, Jeff Tyson, Devex, August 31, 2015.
- Article: Pine Gap’s new spy role revealed by Philip Dorling, The Sydney Morning Herald, May 31, 2015.
- Nautilus Institute Report: Expanded Communications Satellite Surveillance and Intelligence Activities Utilising Multi-beam Antenna Systems by Desmond Ball, Duncan Campbell, Bill Robinson and Richard Tanter, May 28, 2015.
- Article: Satellite photos of Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan, before and after U.S. withdrawal by Dan Lamothe, The Washington Post, May 20, 2015.
- Article: Blog: Northrop to Continue Developing C-RAM Command and Control System, Signal AFCEA, April 7, 2015.
- Defense Contract Audit Agency Report: Report to Congress on FY 2014 Activities Department of Defense, Defense Contract Audit Agency, March 25, 2015.
- Article: “Disturbing” Waste In Afghanistan: How The U.S. Trashed Troops’ Health And Squandered Millions by Neal Ungerleider, Fast Company, February 18, 2015.
- Article Getting Out Of Afghanistan by E.B. Boyd, Fast Company, January 28, 2015.
- Article: Northrop Grumman Awarded C-RAM Contract – DoD Daily Contracts by Lindy Kyzer, Clearancejobs.com, August 15, 2013.
- Article: Australian outback station at forefront of US spying arsenal by Philip Dorling, The Age, July 26, 2013.
- Congressional Research Service Report: Department of Defense’s Use of Contractors to Support Military Operations: Background, Analysis, and Issues for Congress by Moshe Schwartz and Jennifer Church, Congressional Research Service, May 17, 2013.
- Government Accountability Office Report: Additional Steps Needed to Help Determine the Right Size and Composition of DOD’s Total Workforce, May 2013.
- Article: Sen. Claire McCaskill leaps hurdles to overhauling wartime contracting by Lindsay Wise, McClatchy Newspapers, January 19, 2013.
- Bill Text: Contracting Provisions in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013, December 28, 2012.
- Article: The 25 Biggest Defense Companies In America by Eloise Lee and Robert Johnson, Buisness Insider, March 13, 2012.
- Article: Northrop Grumman receives counter-rocket, artillery and mortar contract from U.S. Army by Skyler Frink, Military and Aerospace Electronics, February 1, 2012.
- Article: Northrop Grumman (NOC) Gets $124M Contract for C-RAM Systems, StreetInsider.com, October 31, 2011.
- Commission on Wartime Contracting Report, August 2011.
- Congressional Research Service Report: Department of Defense Contractors in
Afghanistan and Iraq: Background and
Analysis by Moshe Schwartz and Joyprada Swain, Congressional Research Service, May 13, 2011.
- Article: U.S. Supersizes Afghan Mega-Base as Withdrawal Date Looms by Spencer Ackerman, Wired, August 9, 2010.
- Article: Halliburton, KBR, and Iraq war contracting: A history so far by Angie Drobnic Holan, Politifact, June 9, 2010.
- News Release: U.S. Army Awards Northrop Grumman Major C-RAM Systems Integration Delivery Order by Sudi Bruni, Northrop Grumman Corporation, November 10, 2009.
- Webpage: Northrop Grumman 2014 Election Cycle Lobbying and Campaign Contributions, March 9, 2015.
- Indeed.com Job Openings:
- Webpage: USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives April 15, 2016.
- USAID Budget Report Fiscal Year 2017 March 16, 2016.
- Webpage: Senate Homeland Security Commitee
- Wikipedia: Counter Rocket, Artillery, and Mortar (C-RAM)