In the wake of the Brussels bombings, which attacked the heart of the European Union, we examine the history of the European Union and how this terrorist attack may affect its future.
Please support Congressional Dish:
- Click here to contribute with PayPal or Bitcoin; click the PayPal “Make it Monthly” checkbox to create a monthly subscription
- Click here to support Congressional Dish for each episode via Patreon
- Mail Contributions to:
5753 Hwy 85 North #4576
Crestview, FL 32536
Thank you for supporting truly independent media!
Sound Clip Sources
- CNN: Donald Trump: Abdeslam would have talked ‘a lot faster with the torture’, March 23, 2016.
- Podcast Episode: The Rise of ISIS, PBS Frontline, June 8, 2015.
- Podcast Episode: Regime Change, Congressional Dish, November 22, 2015.
- Webpage: The history of the European Union, The European Union.
- Article: The UK’s EU referendum: All you need to know by Brian Wheeler and Alex Hunt, BBC News, March 24, 2016.
- Article: 3 Suicide Bombers Identified in Brussels attacks; 4th suspect at large, Associated Press, March 23, 2016.
- Article: After Brussels Attack, Will Response Be More War or a Look at the Root Causes of Terrorism?, Democracy Now, March 23, 2016.
- Article: Brussels Attacks Rekindle Debate Over Airport Security by Nicola Clark and Ron Nixon, New York Times, March 23, 2016.
- Article: Brussels bombers included two brothers by Catherine Hardy, Reuters, March 23, 2016.
- Article: Poland Abandons Pledge to Shelter Refugees After Brussels Blasts by Marek Strzelecki, Bloomberg Business, March 23, 2016.
- Article: This is the man who is suspected of making the Brussels bombs by Adam Taylor, Washington Post, March 23, 2016.
- Article: What is it with Belgium and jihadis? by Del Crookes, BBC Newsbeat, March 23, 2016.
- Article: After Brussels, Europe’s intelligence woes revealed by Nyshka Chandran, CNBC, March 22, 2016.
- Article: Hillary Clinton Says She Is the Only Candidate With a Plan to Defeat the Islamic State by Amy Chozick, New York Times, March 22, 2016.
- Article: In Aftermath of Brussels Attacks, Conservatives Call for Border Security by Melissa Quinn, The Daily Signal, March 22, 2016.
- Article: Saudi war for Yemen oil pipeline is empowering al-Qaeda, IS by Nafeez Ahmed, Middle East Eye, February 10, 2016.
- Book: The New Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins, 2015.
- Official document: Outline of the counter-terrorism strategy for Syria and Iraq, with particular focus on foreign fighters, Council of the European Union, January 16, 2015.
- Article: British and US military ‘in command room’ for Saudi strikes on Yemen by Emma Graham-Harrison, The Guardian, January 15, 2016.
- Article: Ten years on and Poles are glad to call Britain home by Harriet Sherwood, The Guardian, April 26, 2014.
- Book: The Brothers: John Foster Dulles, Allen Dulles, and Their Secret World War by Stephen Kinzer, 2013.
Music Presented in This Episode
Design by Only Child Imaginations