CISA is law; all private companies have immunity for sharing data with the government for “cybersecurity”, so what happens now? In this episode, we examine the plans being discussed and implemented by Congress to secure the data stored by the U.S. Government.
Please support Congressional Dish:
- Click here to contribute with PayPal or Bitcoin; click the PayPal “Make it Monthly” checkbox to create a monthly subscription
- Click here to support Congressional Dish for each episode via Patreon
- Mail Contributions to:
5753 Hwy 85 North #4576
Crestview, FL 32536
Thank you for supporting truly independent media!
Hearing Highlighted in This Episode
Cybersecurity: What the Federal Government Can Learn from the Private Sector, House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology, January 8, 2016.
- John B. Wood, Chairman and CEO of Telos Corporation
- Larry Clinton, President and CEO of Internet Security Alliance
- Ken Schneider, Vice President of Technology Strategy at Symantec Corporation
- Dr. Martin Casado, Senior Vice President and General Manager, VMWare
Sound Clip Sources
- Podcast Episode: Cyber Insurance, Safe Harbor 2.0, and the Human Capital Crisis, The Cybersecurity Podcast, December 3, 2015.
- News Report: Hacking as a Business Model: Three Indicted in JP Morgan Hack by NBC News and Reuters, November 10, 2015.
- Podcast Episode: The Half-life of Secrets, A Golden Age of Surveillance, and the US Military’s Starship Enterprise, The Cybersecurity Podcast, August 19, 2015.
- Article: Obama’s Cybersecurity Plan Is Meant to Secure His Legacy by P.W. Singer, Wired Magazine, February 10, 2016.
- Article: OPM Hack: Government Finally Starts Notifying 21.5 Million Victims by James Eng, NBC News, October 1, 2015.
- Congressional Research Service Report: The 2013 Cybersecurity Executive Order: Overview and Considerations for Congress, September 15, 2014.
- Executive Order: Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity, February 12, 2013.
- White House website: The Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative, May 2009.
Music Presented in This Episode
Design by Only Child Imaginations