In this special episode, we prepare for the Senate’s upcoming push to fast-track multiple “free trade” agreements, including the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). We also look into the January 2015 draft text of the leaked TPP Investment Chapter.
Please support Congressional Dish:
- Click here to contribute with PayPal or Bitcoin; click the PayPal “Make it Monthly” checkbox to create a monthly subscription
- Click here to support Congressional Dish for each episode via Patreon
- Mail Contributions to:
5753 Hwy 85 North #4576
Crestview, FL 32536
Thank you for supporting truly independent media!
Information Discussed in this Episode
Leaked Trans-Pacific Partnership Chapters
- Wikileaks: The January 2015 draft text of the TPP Investment Chapter
- Wikileaks: The August 2013 draft text of the TPP Intellectual Property Chapter
- Wikileaks: The May 2014 draft text of the TPP Intellectual Property Chapter
- Wikileaks: The November 2013 draft text of the TPP Environment Chapter
- Hearing: US Trade Policy, Senate Finance Committee, January 27, 2015.
- Video: Defense Secretary Ashton Carter’s speech at the McCain Institute at Arizona State University. Fox 10 Pheonix via YouTube. April 6, 2015.
- Article: Trade bill timeline could push Senate to act by Adam Behsudi. Politico. April 2, 2015.
- Article: U.S. Defense Secretary Supports Trade Deal with Asia by Helene Cooper. New York Times. April 6, 2015.
- Congressional Research Service Paper: The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
Negotiations and Issues for Congress, March 20, 2015.
- Monsanto Press Release: Why Does Monsanto Sue Farmers Who Save Seeds?
- Report from Public Citizen: Table of Foreign Investor-State Cases and Claims Under NAFTA and Other U.S. “Trade” Deals, March 2015.
- List of the 600+ corporate advisors who have been given access to the TPP text