This episode is the summary of everything that happened in the House of Representatives during the 113th Congress.
Information Presented in This Episode
The One Bill by Which All Representatives Should be Judged
- Find out how your Representative voted on H.R. 992, the “bill written by CitiGroup that would allow banks to use our deposits to gamble with the same financial scam products that crashed the economy in 2008 and would give these banks – foreign and domestic – taxpayer funded bailouts when it inevitably blows up in their faces again.”
The Fiscal Cliff Law
- Article: Senate report: Apple claims subsidiaries to avoid paying billions in taxes each year, InfoWorld, May 2013.
- FactSheet: Malaria kills about 500,000 Africans per year.
- Article: New discoveries raise West Africa oil hopes, Reuters, February 2012.
- Report: The West African Oil & Gas Market 2013-2023, MarketWatch, September 2013.
- Article: U.S. Ebola fighters head to Africa, but will the military and civilian effort be enough?, Washington Post, October 2014.
Ebola FearMongering from Russell Howard’s Good News
- Article: Millions of Doses of Ebola Vaccine to Be Ready by End of 2015, Scientific American, October 2014.
- Article: Ebola outbreak: Johnson & Johnson get OK to fast-track vaccine trials, CBC News, September 2014.
- Op-Ed: Ebola and the most important agency America has never heard of by Rep. Mike Rogers, The Hill, October 2014.
- Article: Ukraine Crisis Death Toll Nears 4K: United Nations, International Business Times, October 2014.
- Article: The death toll in U.S. airstrikes in Syria, broken down, The Washington Post, October 2014.
We Always Give Them Their Jobs Back
- Article: Voters Throw Bums In While Holding Congress in Disdain, Bloomberg, December 2012.