In the hours before the Boston marathon bombing, President Obama quietly signed a bill gutting the STOCK Act. Full details on the shady way both houses of Congress passed the bill in under two days.
Executive Producer: Anonymous
Please Support Congressional Dish
- Contribute monthly or a lump sum via PayPal
- Support Congressional Dish via Patreon (donations per episode)
- Send Zelle payments to: Donation@congressionaldish.com
- Send Venmo payments to: @Jennifer-Briney
- Send Cash App payments to: $CongressionalDish or Donation@congressionaldish.com
- Use your bank’s online bill pay function to mail contributions to: 5753 Hwy 85 North, Number 4576, Crestview, FL 32536.
Please make checks payable to Congressional Dish
Thank you for supporting truly independent media!
Chris Coons. “Modifying the Requirements Under the STOCK Act.” Congressional Record — Senate. S2583.
“S. 716 Gut the STOCK Act Passes House.” April 12, 2013. Congressional Dish Clip Archive.
Frank Konkel. March 22, 2013. “CIA CTO sheds light on intelligence community’s need for cloud.” FCW.
STOCK Act Signing. April 4, 2012. C-SPAN.
60 Minutes. Nov 13, 2011. “Congress: Trading stock on inside information?” CBS News.
Senate passage of S. 716 took 10 seconds. The Chicago Tribune.
S. 716: A bill to modify the requirements under the STOCK Act regarding online access to certain financial disclosure statements and related forms.
Sponsor: Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV)
H.R. 882 : Contracting and Tax Accountability Act of 2013
Sponsor: Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT)
H.R. 1163: Federal Information Security Amendments Act of 2013
Sponsor: Darrell Issa (R-CA)
H.R. 756: The Cybersecurity Enhancement Act
Sponsor: Michael McCaul (R-TX)
H.R. 249: Federal Employee Tax Accountability Act of 2013
Music Presented in This Episode
Money, Money, Money by The Undercover Hippy (found on MusicAlley by mevio)