Doing nothing, literally, is planned until 12/28 and a special guest helps filter fact from fiction in regards to solar power.
*Correction from CD004: H.R. 6190 (The Give Me My Damn Inhalers Act) failed this week.
- 1 million Primatene Mist (manufactured by Armstrong Pharmaceuticals) inhalers in a CA warehouse
- Primatene Mist and all other inhalers with ozone-depleting chemicals have been off the market for 11 months
- Needed 2/3 aye votes to pass because it was brought up under “suspension”
H. Res 827: Extra “work” days during the holidays will be filled with fluff (passed House)
- Gives the House GOP the authority to bring up suspension bills until December 28th
- Suspension bills = insignificant bills that generally pass with a voice vote = time wasters
H.R. 5817: No More Annual Privacy Notices From Banks (passed House)
- Banks will only have to send a notice if they change their policy
- Saves banks money
* Conferees chosen to work on the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)
- The House and Senate will be merging their bills into one to be sent to the President.
- Vote possible next week.
Interview: Special guest Joe Briney, commercial solar power engineer, discusses the solar industry.